Private Sector for Development Conference
Business for Development
Investing in Africa, Asia & Latin America: Opportunities for Belgian Businesses & investors
On the 28th of March, BIO, DGD, Enabel and IFC, member of the World Bank Group, organised the Business for Development Conference in the Deloitte Gateway building.
We were extremely pleased that it attracted such an impressive and diverse group of participants. We hope that you found the discussions as interesting and inspiring as we did, and that you enjoyed the networking opportunities the event provided.
Alexander De Croo Deputy prime minister and minister of Finance, in charge of the Fight against Tax Fraud, and minister of Development Cooperation, closed the conference.
Mr Philippe Le Houérou, CEO IFC, Member of the World Bank Group
from left to right
- Mr Peter Moors, Head of Staff Deputy Prime Minister De Croo
- Dr Omobola Johnson, Partner TLC Venture Capital Fund, former minister of ICT, Nigeria
- Mr Kjell Roland, Consultant Impact Nordic Capital, former CEO Norfund
- Ms Ann Claes, Owner JBC
- Ms Essma Ben Hamida, Founder & Co-Chair Enda Tamweel
- Ms Annabelle Van Nieuwenhuyse
Finnfund and BIO have invested in JTF Madagascar, an agricultural company owned by the Italian renewable energy company Tozzi Green.
On the 25th of November, Human Rights Watch published a report on Feronia / PHC, and the DFIs who invested therein. Here you can find a joint statement from CDC Group, BIO, DEG, and FMO in response to the HRW report.