Banco Solidario

Subsidy : September 2021 - May 2022

BIO has granted USD 17,855 of technical assistance to Banco Solidario, an Ecuadorian microfinance institution.

Amount

€ 15,719.00

Type of investment

Subsidy

Beneficiary locations

Latin America and Caribbean: Ecuador

Investment field

Financial Institutions

Activity

KK.64.191  Microfinance institution

Organisation

Banco Solidario

Domicile

Ecuador

More investments in

Banco Solidario

  • Subsidy € 12,290.60 (2019-2020)
  • Debt € 8,338,200.00 (2019)
  • Subsidy € 77,220.00 (2012-2014)
  • Debt € 5,987,000.00 (2012-2016)

Banco Solidario started its activities in 1996 with a social mission which focuses on the microfinance segment and vulnerable populations.

BS is one of the leading microfinance players in Ecuador: 47% of its total portfolio is directly lent to microenterprises for productive purposes, making BS the second-biggest microloans provider in the country (98,000 microloans outstanding with an average loan amount of 2,873 USD). The rest of the portfolio (53%) is invested in other inclusive loan products targeting low-income populations.

Technical assistance

The technical assistance is aimed at measuring and benchmarking Banco Solidario’s gender equality practices through an EDGE radiography of the institution

Expected impact

  • Culture, pay equity, infrastructure and representation are looked at with a gender lens
  • Increased inclusiveness of the culture
  • Pave the way for equitable career flows
  • Improved ability to attract, develop, motivate, and retain a larger and deeper pool of talents: formal, paid employment is more attractive for women to join and stay
  • Better income distribution between women and men
  • Redefined gender roles at work and better role models for future generations which can influence gender roles at home
  • Enhanced brand reputation and employer value proposition

View more of our investments in this region

Banco Popular

Financial Institutions

Banco Popular

  10,223.00

  Honduras

  23/09/2022

  Subsidy

Locfund Next

Financial Institutions

Locfund Next

  334,822.00

  15/03/2022

  Subsidy

Banco Popular

Financial Institutions

Banco Popular

  1,559,546.70

  Honduras

  04/03/2022

  Equity

Alterfin

Financial Institutions

Alterfin

  80,000.00

  Cambodia, Nicaragua, Peru, Côte d'Ivoire, Kenya

  03/03/2022

  Subsidy

Social Performance Task Force

Financial Institutions

Social Performance Task Force

  43,221.00

  01/02/2022

  Subsidy

T&T Fruits

Enterprises

T&T Fruits

  3,290,000.00

  Peru

  04/01/2022

  Debt

Optima Servicios Financieros S.A. de C.V.

Financial Institutions

Optima Servicios Financieros S.A. de C.V.

  4,429,500.00

  El Salvador

  30/11/2021

  Debt

Banco Guayaquil

Financial Institutions

Banco Guayaquil

  37,262.00

  Ecuador

  25/10/2021

  Subsidy

Banco Popular

Financial Institutions

Banco Popular

  12,508.00

  Honduras

  21/10/2021

  Subsidy