Operating Principles for Impact Management - Disclosure
BIO is a signatory to the Operating Principles for Impact Management. These provide a reference point against which the impact management systems of funds and institutions may be assessed. They draw on emerging best practices from a range of asset managers, asset owners, asset allocators, and development finance institutions.
- Define strategic impact objective(s), consistent with the investment strategy.
- Manage strategic impact on a portfolio basis.
- Establish the Manager's contribution to the achievement of impact.
- Assess the expected impact of each investment, based on a systematic approach.
- Assess, address, monitor, and manage potential negative impacts of each investment.
- Monitor the progress of each investment in achieving impact against expectations and respond appropriately.
- Conduct exits considering the effect on sustained impact.
- Review, document and improve decisions and processes based on the achievement of impact and lessons learned.
- Publicly disclose alignment with the Principles and provide regular independent verification of the alignment.