BIO Policy Statement
BIO is committed to protecting your personal data in compliance with the GDPR and the Belgian law.
BIO is committed to protecting your personal data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Belgian law of 30 July 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (the “Law”).
BIO collects and processes your personal data mainly for the purposes of (as relevant) contracting, contract performance and contract management, procurement management, client management, human resources management, job applications management, investment analysis and supervision, compliance with client verification requirements (“Know your client”) in accordance with anti-money laundering laws and regulations and internal policies, management of BIO’s governance bodies.
BIO principally collects personal data through its website, e-mail, through general business interactions and through additional searches where necessary (e.g. in compliance with applicable client verification requirements - “Know your client”).
The type of information BIO collects and processes depends on the relevant purpose. This can include your name, contact details (phone number, e-mail address), professional profile and experience, academic background, personal details such as date of birth and familial status, copy of identification documents, employment related information, etc. BIO does not normally collect sensitive data, unless strictly necessary in view of the purpose of the data collection.
BIO ensures that your personal data are collected and processed in accordance with the following principles:
- collecting and processing personal data shall always be based on a valid legal ground; we shall inform you as soon as reasonably possible, and where possible in advance, of the fact that we collect and process your data (lawful, fair and transparent processing);
- we shall only use the data for the purpose for which they were collected and shall not transfer your data to a third party without your consent (Purpose limitation);
- we shall collect, store and process data only to the extent relevant and adequate for the purpose for which it is collected and not longer as required (data minimization and storage limitation);
- we shall take reasonable steps to ensure the data collected are accurate and up to date;
- we shall take necessary measures to protect your data, including by maintaining a secure and efficient IT system, to avoid unauthorized access and to ensure that the data processing is limited to what is required to achieve the relevant purpose (security and privacy by design);
- data breaches shall be managed and remedied diligently and BIO shall notify you and/or the relevant authorities as required.
You have the following rights
- the right to be informed of the processing of your data by BIO. We will inform you of the purpose of the processing, the type of data involved, whether your data will be processed by a third party and the retention period of your data;
- the right to access your data upon request, in which case we shall provide you the date in a legible form within a reasonable timeframe;
- the right to request the restriction of the processing of your data;
- the right to request the deletion of your data, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or if the processing is carried out for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- the right to obtain rectification of inaccurate data;
- the right to the portability of your data;
- the right to object to the processing of your data, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing.
Any request or notification in respect of the foregoing can be addressed to BIO’s data protection officer (“DPO”), at the following e-mail address: email@example.com or at BIO SA/NV, rue des petits Carmes/Karmelietenstraat 24A, 1000 Brussels, Belgium, to the attention of the DPO.
The Data Subject also has the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority:
T. +32 (0)2 274 48 00,
F.+32 (0)2 274 48 35,