As a Senior Special Operation officer, you will be responsible for supervising a portfolio of structured loans in distress with as mission to minimize the financial losses in BIO’s P&L while preserving as much as possible the client business and minimizing the environmental and social risks/consequence arising in such situations.
The variety of sectors and geographies covered by the Special Operation unit are mirroring BIO’s international activities
• Monitors the loans @ risk (non-performing or potentially non-performing loans) in BIO’s portfolio of projects:
o SMEs: (Manufacturing, Food production, …)
o Financial Institutions : Banks, Microfinance institutions, leasing compagnies…
o Project Finance: Infrastructure, energy efficiency…
• Proposes actions to preserve BIO’s interests while guaranteeing long-term financial and developmental viability of the project. For that purpose, negotiations and interactions with client’s senior management and other stakeholders are essential to find solutions.
• Leading the restructuring process/realization of assets pledged and workout strategies,
• Present restructuring/waiver notes (or any other Special Operation related request) to BIO’s decision bodies (Credit or Investment Committee).
• Permanent member of the Special Operation Committee that aims at validating all the actions to be taken in the framework of the restructuring processes and proposes them to BIO’s decision bodies.
• Actively participates to lender’s calls/(syndication/club deal) meetings and defends BIO’s interests
• Supervises the ad hoc reporting on projects @ risk to relevant BIO authorities
• Establishes the link with Treasury, especially in case of disruptive event impacting a hedge (cross currency interest rate swaps) linked to a loan to be restructured.
• Gives input for the provisioning and impairment exercise, twice a year: preparation of scenarios, comments and justification …
• Prepares “Lessons Learned” and presents them internally – knowledge transfer
• Formulates recommendations for the improvement of processes and guidelines
• Performs macro analysis on the Loan Portfolio @ risk (evolution of the cost of risk on loans, analysis of risk triggers, Default rate per cluster/sector/region/country …)