Portfolio and Monitoring Officer
• Manage part of BIO’s loan investment portfolio with a focus on the financial interests of BIO and its development mission
• As the primary contact person, closely manage the client relationship and monitor the financial situation, the environment and the performance of the projects. This includes:
• Analysis and treatment of waivers; in close cooperation with BIO’s internal teams (e.g. E&S, Legal, Treasury), other lenders, advisors etc.
• Regular monitoring and updates on the status and the evolution of the projects (incl. financial & technical performance, E&S aspects, KYC checks etc.)
• Regular monitoring and updates of projects’ credit risk ratings
• Pro-actively identify a deterioration of risks as the case may be, that would trigger a transfer to Watch List or eventually to the Special Operation unit (SO)
• Preparation of monitoring reports on selected investments, supported by site-visits; at least twice/year
• Ensure the respect of legal agreements by BIO’s clients from an administrative and financial point of view; Ensure compliance with covenants
• Ensure that the reporting obligations (both financial and developmental) are met by the portfolio companies
• Preparation of disbursements to client companies
• Monitor Country risk
• Opportunity to participate to business development as the case may be (negotiation with clients, due diligence mission, preparation of investment analysis and participation to investment committee) in the framework of follow-on investments (new loan on an existing client).
• Participation to professional seminars, fairs, conferences in line with the content of BIO’s portfolio monitoring unit mission.
• Perform any other tasks required by the Portfolio Monitoring unit’s mission
• Master in Business Administration/Finance or related field
• Minimum 5 years post-graduation relevant work experience, ideally as Corporate banker/ auditor/credit analyst or any other similar function
• Language skills: written and spoken French / English / Spanish
• Good knowledge of MS Office (in particular of Excel)
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills, precise & meticulous
• Ability to take initiative, learn quickly and strive for results
• Interested in emerging and developing markets
• Willingness to travel, meet and discuss with clients
• Represent BIO in public events
• Good communication skills, Team player
Your future work environment
The Portfolio Monitoring (PM) is part of the Risk & Monitoring department. Staffed with 10 portfolio officers, this specific unit aims at monitoring BIO’s loan investment activity from first disbursement to final repayment. Officers are grouped in the following 4 specific pools: Africa, Asia, Latin America and Infrastructure. The former are cross-sectoral and geographically focused pools; the latter is a cross-geographical and sector focused pool. The current job opening is for a position that will monitor both financial institutions and enterprises worldwide.