Currently we are looking for an Accountant (Medior)
- Support the Head of Accounting on: (1) closing of the annual accounts and the quarterly closings/(2) preparing of the audit file and assistance to the auditors during their mandate/(3) digitalization of the accounting workflows/(4) treasury management (back-up on the 2nd level during the absence of the Head of Accounting)/(5) monthly VAT return
- Supervision of data entries in BIO’s Management information system
- Support the assistants accountants on the day-to-day management: answer all technical questions relating to the booking of the invoices as well as the VAT code applicable on the invoices
- Coordination of a team of 2 assistant accountants
- Back-up of the Head of Accounting during her absence
- Accountant profile with minimum 5 years relevant professional experience
- You are bilingual Dutch-French with good knowledge of English;
- You have a strong command of IT skills and MS-Office;
- You are able to work autonomously in an organized manner;
- You are able to make autonomously a closing of the annual accounts following the BE GAAP;
- You are a team-player and good communicator;
- You are accurate, rigorous and strive to quality;
- You are used to meet deadlines;
- You have an analytical and constructively critical mindset;
- You have the ability to manage and prioritize workload efficiently;
- You are process-minded;
- You take initiatives and you are pro-active.
The mission of the Belgian Investment Company for Developing Countries (BIO) is to support private sector in developing and/or emerging countries, to enable them to gain access to growth and sustainable development.
BIO invests directly in private sector projects and as such makes a structural contribution to the socio-economic growth of those host countries. Its mandate requires strict criteria in terms of geographical targets, financing tools and, above all, impact on development.
In developing countries, the informal economy is proof of great dynamism; however access to long-term finance and capital, without which companies cannot grow, is limited or impossible for a large chunk of the population. In fact, the banking system is often unsuited to the needs of small entrepreneurs and does not allow the emergence of income-generating activities.
BIO uses a series of financial instruments designed to expand already existing organizations or to help companies to set up in business and which can be adapted according to requirements and the local situation (equity, long- term loans, guarantees or local currency).
Today BIO concentrates its operations directly and indirectly in 52 countries worldwide.