Investment Officer - Analyst
As an Investment Officer, you will develop and manage a portfolio of investments (equity and loans) in developing countries (Africa, Asia, Latin America) in various sectors (agribusiness, industry, financial institutions, funds) in line with the Company strategy.
Your responsibilities & tasks
• Establish and manage a base of clients, through a deep understanding of the target countries, relationship building and active prospection;
• Identify and evaluate investment opportunities that are in line with the Company’s strategy, using economic, financial, social and environmental parameters;
• Conduct on-site evaluation missions;
• Prepare detailed evaluation reports and present investment recommendations to management and BIO Investment Committee;
• Define and negotiate the terms of investment,;
• Organize the preparation of legal documents, in coordination with internal and external resources;
• Supervise a portfolio of investments in the region – identify any possible problems and come up with solutions;
• Promote and reinforce the role of BIO in the region, constantly improving relationships with local enterprises and potential partners.
• High level education in Business Administration, Economics or Finance
• Between 3 and 5 years relevant work experience in corporate finance or corporate banking, credit analysis in a bank, an investment company or an audit company
• Analytical mind, organized, precise and meticulous
• Ability to take initiatives, learn quickly and strive for results
• Excellent networking, negotiating and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong team player
• Fluency in English and French is a must, Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset
• Strong interest for impact investing and developing markets – a first experience in the region would be an asset
• Willingness to travel: ± 15% of time
Are you looking for a rich professional experience in a Development Finance Institution?
We offer you the opportunity to work in the development sector, being a member of a small team and taking on real responsibilities as from day one.