Investment Officer - Financial Institutions
As an Investment Officer, you will
As an Investment Officer, you will develop and manage a portfolio of investments (equity and loans) in developing countries (Africa, Asia, Latin America) in financial institutions in line with the Company strategy.
Your responsibilities & tasks
- Establish and manage a base of clients, through a deep understanding of the target countries, relationship building and active prospection;
- Identify and evaluate investment opportunities that are in line with the Company’s strategy, using economic, financial, social and environmental parameters;
- Conduct on-site evaluation missions;
- Prepare detailed evaluation reports and present investment recommendations to management and BIO Investment Committee;
- Define and negotiate the terms of investment,;
- Organize the preparation of legal documents, in coordination with internal and external resources;
- Supervise a portfolio of investments in the region – identify any possible problems and come up with solutions;
- Promote and reinforce the role of BIO in the region, constantly improving relationships with local enterprises and potential partners.
- High level education in Business Administration, Economics or Finance
- Between 3 and 10 years relevant work experience in corporate finance or corporate banking, in a bank, an investment company or an audit company
- Analytical mind, organized, precise and meticulous
- Ability to take initiatives, learn quickly and strive for results
- Excellent networking, negotiating and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong team player
- Fluency in English and French is a must, Spanish and/or Portuguese is an asset
- Strong interest for impact investing and developing markets – a first experience in the region would be an asset
- Willingness to travel: ± 15% of time
Interested, please send you CV and cover letter through the application.
If you have already applied through the application, you can easily transfer or update your application.