Financial Restructuring Officer (Senior)
The role of Senior Portfolio and Financial Restructuring Officer covers the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Responsibility for the monitoring of the projects at risk (non-performing loans) in BIO’s portfolio, in various sectors: project finance – financial sectors – SMEs.
• Propose actions to be undertaken to preserve BIO’s interests while guaranteeing long-term financial and developmental viability of the project
• Negotiate and interact with client’s senior management and other stakeholders in order to find solutions
• Lead restructuring and/or realization of assets and workout strategies,
• Be a member of the Special Operations Committee whose mandate is to supervise the projects at risk (proposal of strategies to be undertaken to BIO relevant authorities, and supervise implementation of action plans)
• Prepare ad hoc reporting on developments on projects at risk to relevant BIO authorities
• Participate in the formulation of recommendations for the improvement of guidelines and procedures in the investment process, based on lessons learned from supervision of projects at risk.
• Perform any other tasks required by the Portfolio Department mission, and more specifically monitoring of significant projects
• Master in Law or Business Administration/Finance (or related field)
• Familiarity with portfolio monitoring concepts and significant expertise in credit risk management
• Min. 10 years relevant experience in credit analysis and/or investments (a track record in developing markets is a plus).
• Relevant experience in relationship management (a track record in recovery and restructuring processes is a plus).
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills, ability to work autonomously and assertive
• Financial auditing and/or Controlling skills
• Experience in working with developing markets is a plus
• Language skills: written and spoken English & French. Spanish is a plus.
• Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
• Willingness to travel in countries where BIO invests.