The financial controller carries out the economic and financial analyses needed by the members of the ExCom for the operational and strategic management of the company, and to define the global economic strategy of the company and its financial optimisation. Their goal is to make the numbers come alive through divers reports by building on the data provided by the different BIO departments and by financial surveys. Their duties are permanent and consist of evaluating performances, maximising resources, and making predictions.
- Developing and introducing tools (monthly, quarterly, biannual, annual dashboards) and procedures, and reviewing their proper use and application.
- Identifying indicators to be analysed and follow-up procedures to be put in place.
- Collecting, analysing, and summarising budget data from the operational departments.
- Developing the Business planning, based on the information in the Portfolio.
- Establishing end of year predictions based on the corrected budgets of the events in the current period.
- Building the principal financial statements over 3 to 5 years by projecting BIO’s current results, the estimates of the current year, and the strategic goals defined by the management.
- Monitoring the achieved results and comparing them to the predictions. Identification and quantification of the differences.
- Carrying out reporting to the management (Executive Management and Board of Directors).
- Carrying out reporting to BIO’s governing bodies c.q. to the Belgian State: shareholders, BOSA, NBB, Court of Audit, etc.
- Being the backup of the Finance Officer for their key duties and responsibilities, such as the allocation of the loan movements or shareholding in Efront and analyses.
- Master in Finance
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Know how to develop a budget
- Know how to synthesize information
- Demonstrate diligence and organisational skills
- Demonstrate discretion and confidentiality
- Affinity for numbers
- Written and oral communication skills
- Fluent use of office tools, including an extensive knowledge of Excel and drafting reports in BI
- Trilingual FR/NL/ENG
- A fulltime permanent contract
- An exciting job in a dynamic company
- Attractive salary package with extra-legal benefits
- A work-life balance
- An inspiring environment and great colleagues
- We offer you the opportunity to work in the development sector, being a member of a small team and taking on real responsibilities as from day one.
The mission of the Belgian Investment Company for Developing Countries (BIO) is to support private sector in developing and/or emerging countries, to enable them to gain access to growth and sustainable development.
BIO invests directly in private sector projects and as such makes a structural contribution to the socio-economic growth of those host countries. Its mandate requires strict criteria in terms of geographical targets, financing tools and, above all, impact on development.
In developing countries, the informal economy is proof of great dynamism; however access to long-term finance and capital, without which companies cannot grow, is limited or impossible for a large chunk of the population. In fact, the banking system is often unsuited to the needs of small entrepreneurs and does not allow the emergence of income-generating activities.
BIO uses a series of financial instruments designed to expand already existing organizations or to help companies to set up in business and which can be adapted according to requirements and the local situation (equity, long- term loans, guarantees or local currency).
Today BIO concentrates its operations directly and indirectly in 52 countries worldwide.