- Support the Head of Accounting on closings/investments contracts/treasury/monthly VAT return
- Supervision of data entries in BIO’s Management information system
- Responsible of the reporting towards the Belgian State and Europe (budget/assets ..)
- Checking payment files prepared by the assistants / contribute to the payments process of the projects
- Coordination of a team of 2 assistant accountants
- Back up the of the Head of accounting
- Accountant profile with minimum 5 years relevant professional experience
- You are able to work autonomously in an organized manner;
- You are a team-player and good communicator;
- You are accurate, rigorous and strive to quality;
- You are used to meet deadlines;
- You have an analytical and constructively critical mindset;
- You have the ability to manage and prioritize workload efficiently;
- You are process-minded;
- You take initiatives and you are pro-active;
- You speak Dutch or French with good knowledge of English;
- You have a strong command of IT skills and MS-Office.
The mission of the Belgian Investment Company for Developing Countries (BIO) is to support private sector in developing and/or emerging countries, to enable them to gain access to growth and sustainable development.
BIO invests directly in private sector projects and as such makes a structural contribution to the socio-economic growth of those host countries. Its mandate requires strict criteria in terms of geographical targets, financing tools and, above all, impact on development.
In developing countries, the informal economy is proof of great dynamism; however access to long-term finance and capital, without which companies cannot grow, is limited or impossible for a large chunk of the population. In fact, the banking system is often unsuited to the needs of small entrepreneurs and does not allow the emergence of income-generating activities.
BIO uses a series of financial instruments designed to expand already existing organizations or to help companies to set up in business and which can be adapted according to requirements and the local situation (equity, long- term loans, guarantees or local currency).
Today BIO concentrates its operations directly and indirectly in 52 countries worldwide.
Currently we are looking for an Accountant (Medior)